A suburb that starts at the heart.
Wondering if you should make the move to The Glades at Byford? Our Byford suburb profile will show you why The Glades is the ideal place to call home.
The Glades is an award-winning established community just down the road from the Byford town centre and nestled at the foot of the Darling Scarp. Designed to offer a connected lifestyle in a beautiful countryside setting, The Glades features a vibrant village centre which is the heart of this community. It is easily reached from each of the 'mini neighbourhoods' that are connected through a network of walk and cycle trails to take you through the expansive parklands, glades, or streets.
The Glades at Byford is an idyllic estate located within a suburb that boasts a modern community in a charming natural setting. Designed to offer a connected and active lifestyle, you’ll be living the better life at the Glades. Master-planned amongst 370 hectares of natural Australian landscape, there’s plenty of space for everyone to thrive at The Glades at Byford.Land for Sale
The Glades in a snapshot
Kwinana Freeway (15 mins away) Tonkin Highway (5 mins away)
Five precincts surrounding a modern village centre
Build your dreamhome
Extensive public open space for the family to enjoy
Live the better life
The Glades at Byford is a suburb and estate that boasts a modern community in a beautiful natural setting. Designed to offer a connected and healthy lifestyle, you’ll be living the better life at the Glades.
- Only little over half an hour from the city of Perth.
- Links to other major centres through the Tonkin Highway, just 5 minutes away, and the Kwinana Freeway, 15 minutes away.
- Sixty hectares of natural bush and landscaped parkland, with walking trails and cycle paths as well as playgrounds and fitness stations featuring the latest in outdoor gym equipment.
- The Glades features a vibrant village centre, sparkling lake, café, shopping plaza, primary and high schools, parklands, playgrounds, grassed open areas, retained bushland and more.
Fast growing suburb
- Byford Village in the town centre is now open featuring a market style Coles, Priceline Pharmacy, Bakers Delight, Coffee Club and much more.
- The Glades very own shopping precinct located in the village centre, known as Lakeside Plaza, is now open.
- Aldi is now open in the Byford Town Centre.
- Better road and pedestrian networks with the upgrade of Abernethy Road.
- Stage one of the Byford Skate Park is now adding outdoor amenity - more for the kids to enjoy.
- Byford Marketplace, incorporating a new Woolworths and loads of exciting new retailers is now open.
- Byford welcomed their first McDonalds in 2018.
It doesn't stop there as moving forward Byford will welcome:
- KFC and Dome.
- Metronet is currently in the planning phase for the Byford Rail Extension.
- Activation of the Briggs Park Master Plan.
Where tranquility meets connectivity.
When you live at The Glades, you’ll be able to enjoy the tranquillity of nature and the connectivity of major road networks that can take you to the Perth CBD and Perth Airport in just over half an hour.
Closer to home, you’re only a few minutes from the historic town of Byford with a huge variety of essential services including supermarkets, shops, schools, childcare, medical facilities and sports clubs.
Plus, a short drive away from The Glades is the scenic Serpentine Valley that’s home to popular restaurants, wineries, cafés, art galleries, picnic spots, bushwalks and the Serpentine National Park.
New amenities in the village centre.
The Glades at Byford is named after the twin corridors of picturesque parkland which follow two natural creeks across the development.
Set in the heart of the community is The Glades Village Centre, where you can relax by Lake Allambee, meet friends for a coffee at the Strand Lakeside Café or pick up some groceries from the new Lakeside Plaza Shopping Centre.
On your way home, stroll or ride along the network of walkways and cycle paths that flow through 60 hectares of natural bushland, landscaped parks and grassed open areas with playgrounds, sports facilities, and fitness nodes.
Five vibrant residential precincts.
The master-planned community of The Glades is divided into five vibrant residential precincts, each with a unique character that blends seamlessly with the natural surrounds and connects to the village centre.
You and the kids will have lots of opportunities to socialise with friends from the neighbouring precincts at a range of regular events scheduled throughout the year.
As a tribute to Byford’s proud history of Australian war service, all the street names within The Glades honour the memory of a fallen or returned soldier from the local area.
Award-winning sustainable design.
The Glades has been carefully designed to create a sustainable environment that provides a healthy, connected lifestyle. As a result, we’re proud to be recognised as a leader in sustainable living in the following ways:
- The Glades was the first development in WA to receive certification in three categories (community, water and ecosystems) in the Urban Development Institute of Australia’s (UDIA) EnviroDevelopment program.
- In 2011, The Glades was named HIA Greensmart Residential Development of the Year.
- In 2012, The Glades was awarded the Australian Water Association, Resource Management Award for its innovative water management design.
- In 2015, The Glades was awarded the Environmental Excellence Award at the UDIA WA Awards for Excellence.
The advantages of building at The Glades
Extensive choice of homesites.
a beautiful bonus for your new home.
Storm water drainage connection pit, negating the need for soakwells.
you won't have to spend on fencing - it's included.
the cost of fibre to the premises is also included.